Monday, May 14, 2012

A fugly winner on a warm Autumn Day

So my first post has been and gone. Up to the second post now, and so begins the real test of this blogging adventure! You see, every so often in my younger years I would start a diary or a journal. It would start wonderfully, pages upon pages of waxing poetic (or so I thought) and then the second day it was shorter and less poetic, and the third day usually didn't happen and by week two the whole thing was over! Does anyone else ever have this problem? Anyway, I think with blogging it will be different for a few reasons but mainly because I can include photos (love taking them but don't seem to do it enough) and because I am going to share this adventure with a friend. Hopefully we can get each other through those low productivity times, right Cath?!

OK. the winner of my fugly fabric is #5 commenter Jodi! Sorry couldn't manage to cut and paste the random generator screen grab. There were actually 2 Jodi's out of the lovely people who entered which meant that there was a 4/15 chance the winner would be a Jodi--I think that is pretty cool--but hopefully the other Jodi is OK with missing out this time. I am pretty sure she will be OK :)

Meanwhile, some pics? Well here are a few that kind of capture the week that was...hope yours was just as sunny!
--getting ready to cut some more boys shorts for Corduroy Corner--

 
--Meg--
--sewing more boys pants--
--home made Anzac bikkies from a lovely friend--


--the joy of cloth nappies--
So Congratulations #5 commenter Jodi #1 (clear as mud!)--I will be in touch to get your address to send off your prize!

Blessings
Helen

10 comments:

  1. Love, Love that orange cord! Especially with that housey one at the top! I'm sure th other Jodi (I know her!) will love that Dick and Jane! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi--such a small world!!! Yes the cord is divine, we have a few different colours but I think that orange one was a gift from the gorgeous Suze over at MakeSpace :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Jodi! Love the fabric for the shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy and thanks again for inspiring me to just. get. started.

      Delete
  3. Hey Helen, just saw you joined my blog, too. So cool and i am so excited about this bee! So, you are actually two gals writing here? And your blog is brand new, too!
    Well, congrats on so many new things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sana--it is very exciting to be here and to be in the bee!! What a wonderful couple of days I have had--time for a post methinks :)

      Delete
  4. Lots to celebrate here! Glad to be in the bee with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics! I'm looking forward to "bee ing" with you!

    ReplyDelete